How To Stop a Next-Day Foreclosure Sale Immediately in Fort Lauderdale
Stop A Foreclosure Sale Immediately - Even If It's The Next Day
Many times, people feel so overwhelmed by financial stress that it clouds their judgment and timing. We understand that and the good news is that even when your judgment is foggy - ours isn't. If you've let a mortgage or HOA foreclosure sale date sneak up on you - do not despair. You can stop the sale immediately by filing a Fort Lauderdale Bankruptcy Emergency Petition
. The Bankrutpcy Law Firm of Orfelia Mayor has many years of experience in stopping foreclosure sales at the last minute
. We've stopped foreclosure sales up to one hour before the start of the sale! Yes, it can be done and we love to stop banks and Condo Associations from foreclosing on your home.
What Are The Steps to Stopping a Foreclosure Sale?
The bankruptcy automatic stay stops all creditor collection actions or foreclosure sales the moment that we get assigned a bankruptcy case number from the Fort Lauderdale bankruptcy court. Stopping a sale is not all that difficult - the difficult part always seems to be to get back up again and fight! If you need to stop a foreclosure sale, our Fort Lauderdale bankruptcy attorney is well versed on how to do so:
- Decide that you are not going to lose your home without a fight.
- Take the pre-bankruptcy credit counseling course online.
- Make an appointment with our Cooper City office to speak to an attorney.
- Find out what options you have to either save your home or stop the sale while you try to modify the loan, sell the property or cure the arrears through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Once your emergency bankruptcy petition is filed, our office will file a Suggestion of Bankruptcy in the state foreclosure action, fax it to the Clerk of Court and then follow up with the Clerk to ensure that they received the fax and cancelled the sale.
- Once your emergency petition is filed, the court will set a two-week deadline by which we must complete the schedules. If we do not complete the schedules, then your case will be dismissed by the Fort Lauderdale bankruptcy court. Once your bankruptcy case is dismissed, the mortgage company can reschedule your foreclosure sale.
If You Need To Stop a Foreclosure Sale - Call Today For An Appointment - Do Not Hesitate
A mortgage foreclosure sale and condo association foreclosure sales can be stopped even if it's within the next few hours - but every minute counts if you put off dealing with it until the last minute. Call today for an appointment
and let us show you how to stop a foreclosure sale immediately and whether there are any options on saving your home.